No I have not read any more of The Handmaid's Tale. Yes, it is because I find it disturbing. Yes, I will get round to it at some point.
Seen as I've not done nearly enough reading to warrant a decent blog post, today's post will be very music based, as I'm listening to that near enough constantly (For those of you who actually come here for literature based opinions, I swear it'll all be back to normal tomorrow).
My favourite styles of music right now has to be neurohop and glitch hop. An example of neurohop is a song by Kursa called Just a Glitch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Fa5HscIQ4), whilst the Receptor remix of Noisia's Alpha Centauri (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYmEf6i9g54) is glitch hop. The Receptor remix is exactly what my brain sounds like, I'm not exaggerating at all when I say that.
At heart, though, I shall always love dubstep. Dubstep is typically 140 beats per minute, normally 70 if you allow for half-beats (I am aware that this is subject to continuous debate, but that's what I was always told). Excision and Datsik (two thoroughly awesome Canadian producers) remixed Alpha Centauri too (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opiKgbc8cPk); a prime example of how diverse a song can be, as well as the diversity of human thinking.
There is another side to electronic music. The extremely chilled-out "liquid" variations of dubstep, glitch hop, neurohop, drum and bass... The lot. A producer called Vancouver Sleep Clinic has made what I would call the most enchanting music in existence. The song is called Vapour (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p3sTork75o), and it will send you to your happy place. Honest.
Song for the day: ... Look up!
Thought for the day: "When a man is faced with his own death, he finds the impossible less of a barrier"
-Prince of Persia
I have learnt a lot!
ReplyDelete